I don’t crave popularity, says Radhika Apte!


Radhika Apte has done both commercial and content-based cinema.  Now, in her career, she has reached a point where the web is obsessed with her presence. Well, she is enjoying the attention but she doesn’t aspire to be famous.

“I don’t really go chasing fame; I don’t crave popularity. I like my work being appreciated, but I don’t keep track of it. To be honest, and I get embarrassed about this a lot, sometimes I don’t really know what’s happening around me. I don’t want to be famous, I just want to work,” Radhika revealed to a daily.

Ask her, if she would say ‘yes’ to a project only based on its financial credibility, she revealed, “Yes, I will sign a film for the money. Because sometimes you don’t have the money to eat and you have to get work and maintain a lifestyle. Not just actors, I think everybody does that. No job on this planet is about 100 per cent satisfaction. You do some part of the job for money.”

Talking about the path to success she revealed, “I think you can’t get anywhere without hard work. Even if you are born with a silver spoon, you have to work hard. I mean you could be offered films on a platter, but if you don’t get up in the morning and learn your lines, it is not going to work. You have to give it your best shot and deliver a good performance. Otherwise, you are not going to make it. In a field like ours, I think luck also plays a big role. Certain people get an opportunity because they happen to be in the right place at the right time. It has no bearing on their talent. I don’t think we should look at it and feel bitter about it. That’s the way the cookie crumbles in all professions.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...