Meesha Shafi reveals about Ali Zafar’s alleged sexual harassment!





Well-known Pakistani Singer Meesha Shafi lately broke her silence and opened up about being sexually harassed by Ali Zafar. After Meesha, numerous other women came out and accused Ali Zafar of misconduct.

Meesha opened up in a media chat to a daily and revealed, “The first time it happened, I didn’t react and just left. I told my husband but also asked him to not react; I’m a public figure and so is he (Ali Zafar). My thought process was who I am and who he is and what that’s going to lead to. Being ready to talk was far off because it had just happened. I buried it.”

She further added, “I got booked for a concert. I was jamming with my band in Lahore and the organisers insisted that he was trying to get in touch. It started turning into a thing, and I was being seen as difficult or a diva, I got such feelers. I was avoiding him. I was asked to jam, figure out songs, scale and it happened while we were jamming.”

When questioned about photographs of them on social media after the incident, Meesha revealed, “I have run into him, our pictures have been taken, at social gatherings etc because it’s easier to tell yourself to move on in whatever way you can, you try.”

She told that she shared this now as she was ready to talk about it. Meesha revealed, “The first and foremost reason is that I’m ready. I have started talking to people and divulging my experience. I’m finding it hard on my conscious to stay silent any longer than this because I’m seeing such brave girls and women speaking up – not just around the world – but here as well. I have to say, by the way, I salute these girls.”

“It is liberating, it’s empowering and it’s not the end of the world. I only felt hesitant as long as I hadn’t told anyone. The more people I tell, the more power I feel. I do. That has been my direct experience in the case. I’ve done the thing I feared and I’ve taken the leap of faith. And you know what, it’s okay,” she ended the chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...