Taapsee Pannu starrer Naam Shabana gets a UA certificate after 3 cuts!


Bollywood actress Taapsee Pannu is all geared up to kick ass in her new film Naam Shabana. The film is a prequel to Baby which starred Akshay Kumar in the lead and the special appearance by Taapsee was loved by all. Naam Shabana also stars Akshay, Manoj Bajpayee, Anupam Kher, Prithviraj Sukumaran. 

As per a famous tabloid, the Central Board Of Film Certification (CBFC) has cleared the movie with a UA certificate and three cuts. 

One of the cuts includes a domestic violence scene. A source from CBFC said the tabloid, "Hitting a woman is not permissible under any circumstance. Today, if we had to certify films about domestic violence like Deepa Mehta’s Heaven On Earth or Jagmohan Mundra’s Provoked, it would be impossible."

There were two more uncommon cuts. "A shot showing a bottle of liquor had to go. And a Santa-Banta joke was asked to be deleted. Ridiculing any community, no matter how sporting the humour, it is not allowed," the source disclosed. 

Directed by Shivam Nair, the movie is slated to release on March 31, 2017. 


In the meantime, in an interview, when Taapsee was questioned whether there are any similarities between her character Shabana and herself, the actress disclosed, "A Big fat 0, I don’t relate to it at all. It was a huge challenge, not just physically but also mentally. I can’t identify with this role. So far, whatever role I did, I had an element of me in them, but this film has zero elements of me. I love to talk a lot, this woman doesn’t, she has extremely strong stubborn focus, I am not that stubborn with goals. She doesn’t shy away from hitting people if need be, I don’t do that, I can’t even stand violence in front of my eyes for a long time. I take everything at face value, while she can read between the lines. My sixth sense doesn’t exist."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...