I have not seen the old 'Ittefaq' but I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film, says Sonakshi Sinha!

The gorgeous actress Sonakshi Sinha, who has been roped in for a remake of the 1969 suspense thriller "Ittefaq", tells she is looking at it as a fresh movie.

"I have not seen the old 'Ittefaq'. So for me, I am doing a new film. And I am sure a lot of people from our generation have not seen the original 'Ittefaq' either. The way film is rewritten and adapted to fit in today's scenario and time, makes it a fresh film. I am looking at it as a new film," Sonakshi told.

The 1969 classic was directed by late filmmaker Yash Chopra and starred Rajesh Khanna, Nanda and Madan Puri in pivotal roles.

Sonakshi, who is selecting strong women-oriented roles, is stepping into the role Nanda played.

"I would like people to know me as a versatile actor who can perform all kinds of roles," told Sonkashi, who is paired with Sidharth Malhotra in "Ittefaq".

The movie is being helmed by Abhay Chopra, grandson of the late B.R. Chopra who had produced the original movie.

Sonakshi, in the meantime, is busy promoting Sunhil Sippy directorial "Noor", in which she plays a journalist.

"Noor" is scheduled for a worldwide release on April 21.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...