Raveena Tandon opens up about comparison amongst her film Maatr and Sridevi's Mom!


Bollywood actresses Raveena Tandon and Sridevi have been the ultimate divas of their eras and both with their enigmatic acts created a stir amongst their admirers. Now, the two are coming with their projects, Maatr and Mom. But, soon after the posters came out, there were comparisons being drawn between both the movies. 

In an interview with a famous agency, Raveena told, "She is a senior, I respect her a lot and I've always been the biggest fan of hers. I am proud that, whether it's Pink, Mom or Maatr, our industry is making these films today. I hope such films are made more. So, there is no comparison. I feel a message like this should be given at least six months a year to wake up people."  

Speaking about her comeback, she told, "I find that a very strange term. Nobody uses it internationally. Everyone becomes selective after a while. I worked in the '90s where we used to do 30 films at a time. But the whole trend has changed. As an actor, I've reached a point where I'll do a film which I believe in."

"I did a couple of films in the middle which went to festivals, I completed Onir's 'Shabh'. I don't see myself going anywhere. I've been working on TV all along. After I have done 'Maatr' and 'Shabh', I don't know when I'll do a film again. How many times will I make a comeback," Raveena further added.


She also opened up on the issues like rape. She told, "The mindset needs to change. Often we see comments like 'why did she wear a jeans, skirt, or why was she out so late', they are shaming the victim more. Rather than saying they are our sisters, daughters, and we apologize as political leaders that we failed to protect them..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...