Taare Zameen Par star Darsheel Safary wants to work with Aamir Khan again!

Taare Zameen Par star Darsheel Safary wants to work with Aamir Khan again!

Being a global sensation before the age of ten is a rare occurrence; it doesn't happen often. One of the fortunate ones was Darsheel Safary, who rose to fame as a result of his costarring role in Aamir Khan's debut film Taare Zameen Par. The now 26-year-old admitted that despite the fact that it might have seemed like a dream come true, the demands and even the excessive dedication from others made him feel stifled.

Darsheel Safary claimed in a recent conversation that he was under pressure from both internal and external sources to demonstrate his aptitude. The actor said that he often questioned his ability to live up to everyone's high expectations for him. He revealed, “I was also juggling with studies and so was selective. I wanted to take the best step possible. After school was over, I decided to take a break and introspect about what I wanted from life.” 

The actor claimed that he experimented with theatre around this time and took a seven or eight-year break from acting in motion pictures. He travelled, worked on his acting skills, and focused on theater productions. Then he began to look for scripts.

When the host asked him how he handled it, Darsheel replied he at first didn't comprehend the love and attention he got. He stated that he was only ten years old and that it had grown a little too much for him as others held him in praise. He revealed, “I would go home and cry every day. There were people of my parents, and grandparents’ age, who would come up to me and show so much love. Everything would get registered in my mind but I did not understand what was happening. What’s the hype about?”

When asked in the same interview if he thought Aamir Khan didn't actively promote his career after his debut movie Taare Zameen Par, Darsheel reacted, “Not at all! I am very shy. I get awkward with these things. I can’t tell you how many times I have been told, ‘Are you in touch with Aamir uncle? Drop him a text, call him, this and that.’ But I feel shy doing this. I don’t know how to put it in words. It should always happen organically.”

Darsheel said and disclosed that Aamir Khan is aware of all of his current projects despite not working with the star once more. He revealed, “This concept of, ‘tumpe kisi ka haath hai‘, I have never understood that and I have never expected that as well. In fact, after Taare Zameen Par, almost every project that I have done, somewhere or the other, it has been communicated to Aamir that this is the project that I am doing. It’s mostly the case, just to get his blessings.”

Darsheel expressed his desire to take part in an Aamir Khan movie if the opportunity arose and a project was developed. He disclosed, “I want to be a part of that kind of process, not like, ‘Hi sir, I am here, I am looking to work with you again.’ Which I am very excited to, because it has been 15 years since the film, so I would love to share with him what I have learnt from that one experience. I want to show him what I have become, through his guidance.”

Darsheel added that he last interacted with Aamir when filming his 2022 movie Laal Singh Chaddha. He is anxiously awaiting the release of his forthcoming movie Hukus Bukus.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...