Sonam Kapoor wants a biopic on India's star athlete PT Usha!

Sonam Kapoor, who wowed everybody with her act in Neerja Bhanot's biopic Neerja, now wants a biopic to be made on India's star athlete PT Usha.

At a latest event, when she was asked to comment on female Indian Olympians, who made India proud at the lately concluded Rio Olympics, she told, ''I'm very happy and my last few Instagram posts have been to celebrate that only. I just hope we put in more money into sports and female education. I hope the government becomes more supportive and also the people who are blessed with a lot, like I feel I have been blessed with a lot and I think it's my duty to give back in whatever way possible and I try to do that in my own little ways.''

When asked if she would want to star in a biopic on any of these sports sensations, she told, ''I just did a biopic but I'm sure biographies will be made on their lives but I think first we should make a biography on PT Usha. We made a biography on Milkha Singh and we celebrated him. I hope many athletes get inspired by that. We have such a huge population and I'm sure we have a lot of talented people in our country. We are ahead in IT but we can also be ahead in sports.''


If a biopic ever gets made on Usha, we feel Sonam would be the perfect choice to play the protagonist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...