I dedicate this award to my admirers: Kamal Haasan!

Kamal Haasan has been conferred upon the Chevalier de L’ Ordre Arts et Letters by the French Government.

The actor, filmmaker will be conferred this honour in a special ceremony. The Chevalier is actually the (The Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) The premier award, Legion of Honor has three ranks ¬–Chevalier (Knight), Officier (Officer), Commandeur (Commander) and two high offices. These awards recognize those who have contributed meaningfully to furthering the arts in France and throughout the world.

Here’s what Kamal Haasan had to say on being conferred this award to a leading magazine, “I’m proud to be in the company of more deserving forerunners like Satyajit Ray (Legion of Honor) and Sivaji Ganesan (Chevalier). Also, the others, with or without an award. Shah Rukh (Officier) is a friend, so is Anurag. It’s a pity Aishwaryaji and I haven’t done a film together yet. She was supposed to be in Hindustani but the dates did not work out.” He further confesses how special the award is as it is the French who have been pioneers in art, politics and equality to state a few.  “I dedicate this award to my admirers who gave me the tenacity of purpose to pursue this day and moment, my Arts and Letters,” he declared. “It humbles me rather than stiffen me with pride.” He stated to the leading magazine.

When asked about his speech for the ceremony, he stated that he wanted to enjoy the moment and think about the speech only when it was time for the ceremony.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...