My dad wanted me to be a cricketer, says Salman Khan!

Megastar Salman Khan, who has given hit after hit, could have been a cricketer had he pursued the sport, at which he was good at. The 50-year-old lately disclosed that his father and legendary screenwriter Salim Khan wanted him to be a cricketer.

Salman said that he was good at cricket and former Indian cricketer Salim Durani was hired as his coach and he told his father that the actor had a bright future in the field. "My dad wanted me to play cricket. That could have happened easily but I just didn't see myself going for cricket practice at 5:30 in the morning. This life is as it is hard for me, cricket would have been very difficult," Salman told at the launch of tennis star Sania Mirza's autobiography Ace Against Odds.

The actor further added, "Salim Durani was hired to be my coach. First day, he saw me play, I played very well. Second day, I did really well so he called my father the third day and said your son has got a very bright future. That is the day I realised, my father came to see me play.. so I should play really badly."


The Bajrangi Bhaijaan star told that it had been difficult for him to reach school on time, and so it was an impossible task for him to wake up early for cricket practice. According to Salman, he wanted to be a film director.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...