Why are we separating, alienating and running down cinema?, says Suniel Shetty on nepotism!

The nepotism debate which took tinsel town by storm lately doesn't seem to die down. This all started after Kangana Ranaut called Karan Johar the flag bearer of nepotism on his celebrity talk show Koffee with Karan.

When Suniel Shetty, who was an outsider to the industry, was questioned on the same, he told, "I am someone who treats everybody the same. My daughter had her first chance, but her second film is very much because of her own merit, because of the patience that she has her thought process. It’s fantastic. I came through a struggle and if my kids have a certain advantage then why not. Every child looks at his father and that’s exactly what the father showcases. A politician’s son wants to be a politician, a CEO’s son wants to be a CEO. Why are we separating, alienating and running down cinema?”

Athiya made her Bollywood debut opposite Sooraj Pancholi under Salman Khan's production banner. 

“The debate on nepotism is there because stars get spoken about. Why don’t they talk about anything else? Because nobody reads. It’s TRPs, eyeballs, it’s bullshit and all created. I have seen that struggle and I am helping those kids, who are going through that struggle. So, why will I believe in that (nepotism)? Why doesn’t everyone start doing that? Support new talent,” Suniel told.

Speaking about his upcoming projects, the veteran actor told, "I have been getting a lot of offers. I will sit down and analyse. I have one-two big films. I want to play my age, I don’t want to do anything that doesn’t suit me. If you give me a father’s role, I will do it. I am a father in real life so, I will do that on screen as well."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranbir Kapoor resolves his fights with wifey Alia through 'NO EGO' policy!

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt routinely make headlines, giving us major couple goals. The Bollywood pair is one of India's most adored ...