Whether it's by bullying or not, I just follow Twinkle Khanna's instructions, says Akshay Kumar!



Bollywood’s powerful couple Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna have teamed for their forthcoming project, PadMan. The movie is a biopic of Arunachalam Muruganantham, a small town entrepreneur from Tamil Nadu who invented low-cost sanitary napkins to generate awareness in rural areas. 

Crediting his wife Twinkle for his sartorial sense, Akshay said a famous daily, "My mother-in-law [veteran actress Dimple Kapadia] is a style icon and wouldn't have me any other way. I have no option but match up to the ladies in the family. When my house was being made, my only contribution was to say nothing. And it looks pretty damn good. The same way, when she tells me what to wear, whether it's by bullying or not, I just follow her instructions."

Is Twinkle as a producer takes a call for every shot in PadMan? Well, then the answer is No. As per Akshay, the film sets would be the last place that she would want to be at. Akshay told, "She hardly comes for the shoot. She is allowing the director [R Balki] to take charge of the material exactly they way he wants. Since she was a part of the industry and has seen her parents at work, a film set is the last place she wants to be. She hates it."

But that doesn't mean that Twinkle isn't a perfect one for taking the duty of being a producer. Explaining it, Akshay told, "When the script was in the works, she was clued in to every step of research. But if my wife wasn't producing the film, I'd have still done the film." 

Akshay further added, "I am not here to make a documentary. Of course, we won't preach, but what we have to say has been done carefully, with slight humour, subtlety and maturity that the subject demands."

Speaking about his next project, he told he won't be sharing screen space with Salman Khan. Explaining his statement, he told, "Yes, it's true that Salman is just producing the film and I am acting in it. It'd have been great to share screen space with him, but that's not what the script requires.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranbir Kapoor resolves his fights with wifey Alia through 'NO EGO' policy!

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt routinely make headlines, giving us major couple goals. The Bollywood pair is one of India's most adored ...