Ankita Lokhande to connect well with Kangana due to similarity in nature!


TV actress Ankita Lokhande is presently gearing up for her big Bollywood debut in Krish's Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi. Ankita will be essaying the role of Jhalkaribai who would disguise herself as Queen Laxmibai in accordance with their striking similarity.

As to why she chose Manikarnika as her Bollywood debut, Ankita specified to a tabloid, "It’s a woman-oriented film and that appealed to me. Plus, we have all read about Rani Laxmibai as part of Indian History. But when I was asked to play Jhalkaribai, I didn’t really know who she was. When producer Kamal (Jain) sir and director Krish sir narrated the script to me, I found out that she was Rani Laxmibai’s right-hand woman and almost her replica who would disguise as the Queen in front of the British. So, I realised I had an opportunity to portray an unspoken hero, a warrior, and an integral part of Indian History. I’m sure I will play the typical Hindi film heroine and have my song and dance routines in future. But something like Manikarnika would never come back to me. And to debut with something like this, I’d say I’m lucky."

When the daily questioned Ankita on the preparation she did to essay the iconic figure, Ankita disclosed, "There was no reference material at all. But the way the character was narrated, I made a sketch in my head; my version of how she must have been — brave, confident and sabki band bajaane wali (laughs). She is exactly how I am in real life. So, maybe, I played this character with my own thought process. "

On what her equation with Kangana is like, Ankita revealed, "It was amazing. Kangana is a nice human being — lovable and caring. We bonded off the sets, too. She is very professional and completely into her character all the time. I feel she is what she is. I could connect with her because I’m the same, too. Plus, she works hard and is good to others on the sets."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...