Amitji along with Jayaji forced me for writing 'Ki & Ka': R. Balki

Superstar Amitabh Bachchan and Balki have made three movies together as Cheeni Kum, Paa and Shamitabh. First two were successful, third was not. But, that didn't impact the personal as well as professional relationship between the two men. Instead, it was Amitabh himself who pegged Balki to go ahead and begin his fourth movie pronto.

"I did ponder for a while over Shamitabh. However Amitji along with Jayaji forced me to go ahead and kick-start my next. They told me that there was no point sitting and analyzing about what happened with Shamitabh. My producer Anil Naidu joined them as well. Together, they made sure that I begin to write pronto," discloses Balki.

As the germ of an idea that of a married couple with a role reversal of sorts came in it turned out to be a happy narrative experience for the filmmaker.

"When people complimented me for my work (in Paa - 2009), it took me six years to return with my next (Shamitabh - 2015). Now if I started thinking too much about criticism, it would have taken me 10 years," giggles Balki, "So I just went ahead and put together Ki & Ka. I met Kareena and Arjun and soon we were ready to hit the sets."

In the meantime, he made sure that the Bachchan connection stayed on for his movie, despite the new 'jodi' of the two Kapoors.

Balki further reveals, "I said to Amitji that since he and Jayaji had forced me to write the film, they now had to be a part of Ki & Ka. They feature in a very special appearance. You would see that eventually, they are in the center of the narrative."

Still, considering the fact that the three movies so far revolved completely around Amitabh Bachchan, didn't Balki miss the legend's presence for a large part of Ki & Ka shoot?

"Well, if you ask me about missing him then I miss him all the time. It is not just on the sets but when I am in my car or even at home. However, you adjust to that and move on. That said, I am sure you would love what you see of him in the film," promises Balki.

We would indeed once the movie releases all over on 1st April.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...