Nidhi Subbaiah shot in 53 degree temperature for her 'Direct Ishq' song ‘Ganga Maiyya’!

Actress Nidhi Subbaiah was last seen in the romcom outing Ajab Ghazab Love. From playing a cool chic, it was time for her to move into a rustic zone with Direct Ishq, a movie which has been set in Banaras. In an author backed role where she plays the part of an aspiring rock-star from the holy city, Nidhi knew that she had to look and act the part.

But, she wasn't prepared for the hardships that were on the way to glory.

"You make it sound really scary, though trust me, I enjoyed every bit of it," reveals Nidhi, who is said to have delivered her most 'bindaas' performance ever in the romantic musical entertainer, "Yes, Direct Ishq is by all means the toughest role of my life. The weather conditions were really tough."

Considering the fact that she also had to be seen in rockstar outfit for a major part of the movie, leather pants and boots were everyday outfits.

The first step in this direction was to prepare for the role, which means developing the kind of body language that goes with a rockstar.

"I went to YouTube and checked out many videos of live performances. I kept referring to notes for almost 25 days of the shooting. I designed a particular look for myself too. However, if this required good work, there were excruciating weather conditions to deal with as well. With the temperature touching 53 degrees, you can well imagine how it must have felt to shoot outdoors," reveals Nidhi.

It was all in good time though for Nidhi.


"Not just 'Ganga Maiyya', I had to stress myself for Mera Kissa as well. I must have given my body so much pain while shooting these rock tracks that my neck was sprained in a matter few days. However, when I look back at the results, it was all worth it," she tells.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...