Manoj Bajpayee’s views on changing names in film industry!

Manoj Bajpayee’s views on changing names in film industry!

Throughout his more than 10 years in the industry, actor Manoj Bajpayee has given exceptional performances that showcase his remarkable range and dramatic prowess. As he prepares for his upcoming film, Bhaiyya Ji, he recently shared his opinions on the industry habit of name changes.

During a media interaction, Manoj Bajpayee voiced his disapproval of the industry's habit of changing names. He claimed that although he thought about changing his name early in his career, he ultimately decided to use the preferred name for one of his film characters. It is common in the film industry for actors to take on new names.

During a media conversation, Manoj Bajpayee expressed his discomfort with the idea of renaming himself. He disclosed, "I never liked the idea of changing names. Even I thought of changing my name long back when I entered the movies. I was told Manoj is a common name. The name I wanted to change to I gave it to my character in Shool -- Samar."

Manoj's wife and a producer attempting a comeback in the movie business, Shabana Bajpayee, also discussed her thoughts on name changes. She highlighted how good it felt to be acknowledged and appreciated by saying that she was happy to go by whatever name that people felt comfortable with. She recalled having been given the name Neha by Vidhu Vinod Chopra.

The Kareeb actress disclosed, “The decision was purely commercial. My screen character name in Kareeb was Neha so the decision. It hypes the film to say introducing Neha as Neha. I was way too young then. This was a decision taken by adults around me. Was I okay with it? I didn’t care either way at that point. I am Shabana but if I am walking down the street and someone calls me Neha, I will turn around.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drew Barrymore and Host Nate Burleson unite for an upcoming Game Show Reboot!

Hollywood Squares, the renowned game show with Drew Barrymore in the central square and hosted by Nate Burleson, is coming back to CBS. Nat...