To watch Sachin Tendulkar cheer for me while watching Lagaan felt unreal, says Aamir Khan!

Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar's biopic-documentary Sachin: A Billion Dreams is scheduled to release on May 26, 2017. The movie will capture the hardships faced by the legendary cricketer since childhood. Sachin himself will be seen acting in bit and pieces in the film. 

Sachin is not just a name but a phenomenon in India. He is lovingly called The God of Cricket by is fans. It is no secret that Sachin has a huge fan following. As the movie is nearing its release, Aamir Khan, who is a self-proclaimed huge fan of Sachin shared a video on twitter extending his best wished to the iconic cricketer for the movie. Aamir also recounted his favourite fan moment with Sachin. 

"Only 7 days to Sachin's film to release and I am the most excited to watch it. I want to share my Sachin fan moment. We are all huge fans of him, I certainly am. When he goes out to play, I am most excited, I cheer for him. My favourite moment is, well, imagine him cheering for you.. When he came to see Lagaan and during the screening, I was watching from the small glass window near the door. When the cricket started he got really nervous, he started biting his nails, I started smiling to see his involvement with the game and then the first British wicket fell after a long time and the moment hit the wicket, and Sachin was out of his seat and appealed. I saw that I was like Wow, to watch him get involved in a match and cheer for felt unreal. Something I will never forget. All the best Sachin. Lots of Love," Aamir told. 


Lately, when Sachin was asked as to which actor he thinks can pull off his role perfectly, the iconic batsman refrained from taking names and instead asked the reporter whose name comes to her mind. When Aamir Khan's name popped up, Sachin told, "Well, whenever I have asked journalists this, they have all named Aamir because there is direct connect. Aamir has done 'Lagaan' (2001 film on a do-or-die cricket match). He's a great actor and a wonderful person."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranbir Kapoor resolves his fights with wifey Alia through 'NO EGO' policy!

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt routinely make headlines, giving us major couple goals. The Bollywood pair is one of India's most adored ...