They just stay in the basement; it's becoming like a museum, says Rohit Shetty on cars used in his films!

Filmmaker Rohit Shetty is known to destroy cars in his movies. We have seen such stunning scenes in the movies like Dilwale (2015), Chennai Express (2013) and Singham (2011). Rohit blows up expensive cars after chasing it for a long time.

When Shetty was questioned what he does with those cars, he specified to a famous tabloid, "They are all with me. Of course, if a car has crashed [in the film], then we can’t do anything. But we try to keep the rest of the cars. We sometimes use these again in the next movies, but otherwise, they just stay in the basement. It’s becoming like a museum. Sometimes I take them out for a spin."

The Golmaal director was enquired if movie franchise like Fast & Furious can get away with such car scenes. To which he told, "Even I have noticed that. None of my films released last year. In this time, films such as The Fast and the Furious and xXx: Return of Xander Cage have released, and these things happen in them, too... I felt like I have made these films. But this is a risky fight."

He also spoke about his movies being of high budget, by stating, "I make films for my audience. The tickets today for all films cost Rs 500-700 and we need to give them quality. For me, cinema is larger-than-life. If I cut down my budget, then it is like I am cheating them. I don’t want to do that. They come with certain expectations of seeing something on screen... to see larger-than-life songs and sets. So I feel that I have to give them that."


On the film front, Rohit is presently shooting for Golmaal Again starring Ajay Devgn, Parineeti Chopra, Tabu, Arshad Warsi, Kunal Kemmu, Tusshar Kapoor among others. He will also host the forthcoming season of stunt-based reality show Khatron Ke Khiladi in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranbir Kapoor resolves his fights with wifey Alia through 'NO EGO' policy!

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt routinely make headlines, giving us major couple goals. The Bollywood pair is one of India's most adored ...