The intention of my tweet was never to demean anyone: Neha Dhupia

Neha Dhupia faced a lot of criticism after she made a remark on Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government and his Selfie With Daughter Campaign on Twitter.

Neha had posted, “Mumbaikars pls be warned traffic outside is terrible, roads r flooded the situation is getting worse by the minute. Step out only if u must!”

“One rain n the city comes to a standstill. Good governance is not about selfies n makin us do yoga, it's making sure ur citizens r safe.”


On Saturday, many protestors assembled around her house, which 'intimidated' her. Though Neha has not retracted her tweets, she has released a statement clarifying them.


Her statement reads: ''The intention of my tweet was never to demean or personally attack anyone. It was the mere frustration of a helpless citizen of Mumbai. I've tried to take the high road on the outcome and ignore the people who've abused me and my family and nauseam online. But I was intimidated as protestors stood outside my house. I am grateful to our police for protecting us and request people to see that my words were about a subject and not a person. My goal was never to hurt anyone's sentiments. I have wholeheartedly & consistently supported the government's movements like Yoga Day and Swachh Bharat as I will do in the future as well. I hope we can focus on the issues that matter and that my appeal to improve our civic amenities is taken in the right way.''

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...