Khushi is closer to Boney and Jhanvi is closer to me, reveals Sridevi on Mother's Day!



Now, motherhood is celebrated and it's the day when you go and express your love to the one who has nurtured you all her life, kept you in her womb for nine months and has always been selfless in her approach. In an interview with a famous tabloid, Sridevi got frank about daughters Khushi and Jhanvi. 

She disclosed, "They are friendly with both of us. Khushi is closer to Boneyji and Janvi is closer to me. Janvi, I feel is more like me — absolutely obedient. I remember... once my mom narrated an incident about me to her friends. She had asked me to sit on the compound wall of our building as she was talking to the neighbours. Suddenly, she realised she had left something in the kitchen, so she told me, ‘Sit here. I will just come.’ She went and got busy with other things and after two hours, she remembered that she left her daughter sitting on the wall. She came running out to meet me and found me sitting quietly in the same position she had left me! My mother asked me, ‘Why didn’t you call out to me?’ I said, ‘But you told me to sit here…’ She told everybody this story about what an obedient child I was. At the same time, Khushi is also obedient, but will not sit on the wall for two hours, but I think Jaanu will... Both my children are extremely attached to us. Janvi seeks more attention from me while Khushi can manage things on her own. Though Janvi’s grown up now, sometimes I still have to feed her. She won’t eat properly at certain times so I have to make sure that she eats properly. Sometimes she tells me to put her to sleep so all these nakhras she does. Khushi has always been a very independent person right since childhood."

Speaking about Jhanvi's inclination towards acting, Sridevi told, "I always believe in destiny. She wanted to have a career in acting and we are supportive. And I will be as supportive as my mother was to me when I started my career. Obviously in her happiness is our happiness and we are happy to support her in all her endeavours."

Do her daughters help her when it's about handling her Twitter account? Her reply is - "My Twitter account got activated during English Vinglish for promotional reasons as the marketing team thought it would be good to go digital. I am on Twitter and Instagram, but not on Facebook. Though my daughters are not on Twitter, they are only on Instagram. They have a private account. There are too many fake accounts of them going around on Insta and some people think that it’s their account when it’s not. They put up pictures on these fake accounts and make it look like as if Janvi and Khushi are putting it out when they are not. And of course, they both help me with my digital activities that is Insta and Twitter account."

Starkids are always in the limelight. Does it affect Sridevi? Well, it's a YES in this case. "Earlier, I used to get a bit rattled and worried because I didn’t want them to get into the spotlight. But in today’s time you can’t help this. You are clicked at every event and everywhere. Now, I believe that we have learnt to live with it and they have learnt to cope with it," Sridevi said. 

She further included, "I think children learn through their parents. They have grown up with the same values we have. And we made sure that they value good things and respect everybody, especially elders. Our children are happy being with us and doing things with us. But at the same time, we give them enough space to spend time with their friends whenever they want to. They are happy to come with us and love doing things together —whether it is shopping or watching movies or just sitting at the dining table and chatting." 


She finished the chat with a message for her daughters - "Well, be happy and stay happy always. And above all keep us happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranbir Kapoor resolves his fights with wifey Alia through 'NO EGO' policy!

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt routinely make headlines, giving us major couple goals. The Bollywood pair is one of India's most adored ...