Somy Ali hits out at Salman Khan for past abusive relationship!

Somy Ali hits out at Salman Khan for past abusive relationship!

Well-known a Pakistani-American actress, writer, filmmaker, model and activist Somy Ali has recently revealed about her past abusive relationship with megastar Salman Khan in an social media post as she has disclosed how Salman allegedly beat her up and scolded her in front of his friends.

For the information, Earlier She was in a relationship with Bollywood superstar Salman Khan for eight years from 1991 to 1999. In December 1999, she returned to South Florida to continue her studies. In one of her Instagram posts, Somy Ali also told that she is no longer afraid of Salman.

"How do you define the real Salman Khan, and why? There is no black and white. We are all gray thus Salman can be very kind to let's say some actor or pets and he can be brutally ruthless to another human being. I deem Bill Clinton to be one of our best presidents aside from his negligence in what was taking place in Rwanda during his presidency, but remember what he was doing with his intern, Monica Lewinsky," Somy Ali posted in a long Instagram post




"The point is that while Salman might be the kindest and nicest to others it does not mean he was the same to me or some other people. He uses his power to destroy careers for example an extraordinary singer or what he did to Vivek Oberoi, an excellent actor. This proves that he has the capability to be very good and extremely cruel at the same time. All of us do because that is how we are made and we all have the ability to be very nice to one person and run a facade of being so generous while we all have a little streak of evil in each of us. But this is at a different level given what I went through and after 20 years it has all started again," Chupp actress further added.

Furthermore, in a lengthy Instagram post, Somy Ali posted, "What side of Salman Khan is not out in the open, and why? How do you think speaking your truth will bring it out? This is redundant as I just explained this in the question above. I want my truth to be known because I want my dignity and self respect which he ripped off of me to be regained. I am looking for vindication as that will be a part of my healing as well. I am not seeking revenge, rather I want him to confess to what he did to me and publicly apologize which I know a man like Salman will never do."

"He is an egotistical maniac and will never change. He has far too many demons to ever be able to redeem himself for what he did to many women and even men simply by using his power. One can't assume a throne in heaven when one is committing criminal acts and simultaneously running a foundation helping people. Life doesn't work like that and neither does the universe. The former does not balance the latter. I remember laying in bed for months due to severe back pain and not once did he come and sit by my side to ask me how I was doing," she added.

“Even Tabu came to visit and while I was screaming and crying in pain she began shedding tears because she couldn't stand to see my condition. In 2018, I had to have back surgery because I couldn't get out of bed. The surgeon asked me when did it all start and I told him primarily due to a fall from a horse during a film shoot. Then the doctor asked me if I was ever in a physically abusive relationship and I told him the truth. Being beaten and thrown around like a rag doll exacerbated my back problems with time and now I have three titanium screws in my back along with hardware in my stomach solely so I can stand up and function," Anth actress revealed further.

On Saturday, Somy also shared a video on Instagram, in which she accused Salman of conspiring to ban her show, Flight or Fight from screening on Discovery+ in India. She first talked about all the times she was sexually abused in her life and even revealed about it previously in the media. She further disclosed that often it takes time for survivors of abuse to speak about what happened, publicly.

She told, “I want Salman Khan to confess what he put me through, from the verbal, sexual and physical abuse and I want a public apology which an egomaniac and a narcissistic individual will probably never do. And I want him to unban my show and I want India to be able to watch what No More Tears does, what I have given my 15 years of blood and sweat in working and saving over 40,000 men and women."

She further added, “I want Mr Khan to look at himself in the mirror and ask himself this question: How can you say that you have never hit me or abused me? How can you live with yourself, knowing that I’ve done these things and blatantly denied them and then have the audacity to ban my show? Shame on you. I hope that you find the grace in yourself to apologise publicly and to confess what you have done.”

It is significant to mention that Salman has not commented on this issue yet.

On the work front, during her brief stint in Hindi Film Industry, Somy worked in movies such as Krishan Avtaar with Mithun Chakraborty, Yaar Gaddar with Saif Ali Khan and Anth with Suniel Shetty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...