Most men didn't want to do a film where 60% was me, says Kriti Sanon!


Bollywood diva Kriti Sanon is one of the successful actresses of Bollywood. Her last release was Mimi which took the OTT route but became a huge success. In a current media chat with a daily, Kriti talked about the kind of offers she's getting now and what has changed for her ahead of her next release titled Bachchhan Paandey.

The actress revealed about being typecast but revealed she could dodge it successfully. Kriti, who has movies like Adipurush, Shehzada, Bhediya and Ganpath in the pipeline, disclosed that filmmakers are now asking her what are the kind of films she wants to be a part of.

"After doing Bareilly Ki Barfi, 99 per cent of the films coming to me were small town films in similar genre. And now it is nice to reach a point where people are coming to me asking, ‘What kind of film do you want to do?’ Something which was very rare for me before this year. I am now able to tell people what I want to do, what world I would want to get in, or I’d love to play a grey character. This change is really nice to see. Sometimes it happens so gradually that you don’t even realise," Kriti revealed.

The actress further revealed that Mimi's success made numerous male actors feel insecure if their roles were smaller than hers. Explaining on the same, she told, "There are very, very few who would let others share screen space equally. I’ve been in situations where most men were not willing to do a film where 60% was me and 40% was a male actor’s role. Nobody was willing to do it. So, I obviously think that these things need to change a little. What Akshay did in Atrangi Re was so commendable. It was a small but good role. Akshay is so not insecure of anyone, and plays his part honestly."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...