Writer Salim Khan felicitated with Indian Film Personality of the Year Award at IFFI 2018!



International Film Festival of India 2018 (IFFI) has finally ended successfully. On the last day of the festival, legendary screenwriter Salim Khan was honoured with Special IFFI Award that is, Indian Film Personality of the Year for his contribution to Indian cinema. Veteran Salim Saab couldn't make it to the ceremony, so his son and actor-filmmaker Arbaaz Khan received the honours on behalf of his father. At the award, Arbaaz read a message by Salim which told, "I dedicate this award to Indore, my birthplace. And to Mumbai, the city that has given me everything."

Earlier, Salim Khan took to his Twitter page and wrote a heartfelt message on being honoured at IFFI. He posted, "Thank you IFFI and Information & Broadcasting ministry, Government of India for honouring me with the Indian Personality for Life time contribution to Indian Cinema.#IFFI2018" He also tweeted, "I dedicate this award to Indore, my birthplace and to Mumbai and the Film Industry which has given me everything. I would also like to thank Mr Javed Akhtar without whose contribution this would not have been possible.#IFFI2018"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...