Kangana Ranaut opens up about her skill of direction!



Now, Director cum actress Kangana Ranaut will be next seen in the magnum opus Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi. The actress essays the role of Rani Laxmibai in the movie. The teaser of the movie was released in October and Kangana's fierce avtar as the Rani of Jhansi has left everybody stunned and thrilled. What's interesting about the movie is after director Krish left the project to focus on his another movie, the Queen actress donned the director's hat. Thus, Ranaut has put in extra efforts in making Manikarnika.

In a media chat, Kangana Ranaut was questioned about working as a director for the movie, and she disclosed that this is not the first time she worked behind the camera. "This is not my first experience as far as supervising the edit or even directing a film is concerned. I was 23 or 24, when I directed my first film. It was a 10 minute short film that I had shot with an international crew. Also at that time, I was struggling with small roles in films like Double Dhamaal (2011). So I've been a director since then. Be it direction, writing or editing, I've already done it in the past," revealed Kangana.

She further added, "When everyone asks me if Manikarnika is my first film as a director, my reply is of course not. It's not my first film as a director. You don't direct a big epic period as your first film. Plus I'd already faced my share of challenges with the film that I directed in the past because it was VFX heavy. I have also struggled with VFX in those days but that was a long ago."

Also speaking about her experience of director Manikarnika, Kangana Ranaut specified, "If Manikarnika was my first experience (as a director), I'd have been a deer in headlights, because there's so much to do. My skills as a director and performer have sharpened since I directed a short film. I absolutely love directing and sitting on a film's edit because it is another level of involvement. I have written for films officially and maybe it wasn't a solo endeavour, but that also makes me a bonafide writer. I have studied film writing in one of the best institutes in the world. So 'I want to be a director' is an inappropriate thing to say because I am a director."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...