Tabu doesn't want to limit herself in the formula of "women-oriented" film!

Much-admired actress Tabu tells she enjoys essaying strong women characters on screen but she doesn't want to limit herself in the formula of "women-oriented" film.

She considers taking the responsibility of a whole film could affect her creative mind. So, she is cautious with her choice at this point of her career.

As 'women-oriented' movies are changing the narrative of new age Indian cinema, why has she not appeared in such movies in recent times? Tabu revealed, "Now, taking a decision on films is not that black and white like earlier. In the beginning of my career, I have done many films where the tag of 'women-oriented' film was not there... I chose the films because the character was substantial. Now, if producers and directors are coming to me with the formula of 'women-oriented' films, with the idea of putting the responsibility of a film on my shoulder, I do not want to get stuck in there.”

"The focus should be on my work, as in on my performance, not that I sell in this category of film.” she further added.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...