Aamir Khan slams Karan, Arjun and Ranveer for Controversial show AIB Roast!



Well, a big name from the industry has spoken against AIB Roast. Aamir Khan chose to throw diplomacy out of the window and expressed his bold and candid opinion on the controversial AIB Roast that has seen a fury of backlash from different sections of the society. At the very beginning, Aamir made it clear that he didn’t like AIB Roast one bit. He even disclosed that he scolded Karan Johar and Arjun Kapoor for participating and feeling proud about AIB roast and the abuses traded on the show.

Aamirn told, “I have not yet seen that Roast but I’ve heard about it. I have seen just two to three clips. And when the Roast happened, I was at a place where Karan and Arjun came and told us that we did this Roast. They told us all the dialogues that were exchanged. I was deeply affected by that and most disappointed in what I was hearing. I completely believe in freedom of speech. No issues but we should understand that we have a certain responsibility.”


Conveying his deep agony at such a show and calling it a violent one, Aamir told, “When I heard what was being described to me, I felt it was a very violent event. There was a lot of violence in that event. Violence is not just physical; it is also verbal, emotional and mental. When you insult someone, you are perpetuating violence. You are doing a violent thing and you are telling the world that, ‘See I am so violent.’ I don’t like these things. I don’t like to show violence whether it is physical or otherwise and then say take great pride in it. I am sure there many youngsters who have liked the show and all of us have different opinion and are allowed to have a different opinion. And I will give you mine.”


Explaining further on why he found the show offensive, the megastar actor told, “I didn’t like it because it was a violent show. Karan and Arjun are my friends and I scolded them. I told them I am not finding this funny. 25 gaalli deke aap sochte ho ki main impress ho jaaunga. Gaaliyon se impress hone ki meri umar nikal chuki hai. I am not a 14-year old kid who will laugh after hearing an abusive word. I am not impressed by bad language. If you want to make me laugh, then do so without hurting anyone else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Race to Box Office 2024: Bade Miyan Chote Miyan secures 3rd and  Maidaan 9th spot at Box Office Collections chart!

With combined sales of less than Rs 20 crores, both of the Eid movies have underperformed in terms of first revenue. Now, everything depends...