Parineeti Chopra opens up about not having any money during her childhood!

Lately, Parineeti Chopra involved in a controversy when she was part of an event with Akshay Kumar. At the event, she shared her childhood struggles telling that her family was poor and could not afford a car for her to go to the school. Thus, she is used to ride a cycle to school every day and became a victim of eve-teasing.

Parineeti told, "I am so touched after coming here as I am thinking about my life. I am from a very small city, Ambala. I had two brothers growing up and we had a lot of difficulties. We didn't have any money, so I used to travel by cycle, to school. We did not have a car or even money for the bus. I used to fight with my mom and dad saying why do I have to cycle to school every day. I did not have the money to join a martial arts class during the time. I am so happy for you that you got this opportunity. Thank yourselves that you are graduating from such an institute. Make use of this knowledge and go kick some ass."

But, a former classmate of Parineeti from her school slammed the actor by telling that her story is a lie. He posted on his Facebook telling, "Parineeti Chopra Shame...coming from a privileged background and lying through the teeth in front of the camera. I guess this is what being a celebrity means. Create a fabricated sob story of no money no car etc etc (sic)"

He also told, "Coming from the same school I probably also remember the car her father used to have. And going to school on a cycle was a trend those days and also a privilege not everyone had. My friends from CJM (Convent of Jesus and Mary) would probably understand the lies a bit better (sic)."


Now, Parineeti Chopra posted a clarification on Twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varun Dhawan’s niece Anjini Dhawan and Salman Khan unite for film Sikandar!

Anjini Dhawan, the niece of Varun Dhawan , debuted in Bollywood with Pankaj Kapur in Binny and Family . Even though the dramedy might not ha...