Showing posts with label film Babumoshai Bandookbaaz. Show all posts
Showing posts with label film Babumoshai Bandookbaaz. Show all posts

Monday, August 14, 2017

Babumoshai Bandookbaaz deals with uncomfortable truths, reveals writer!





Film "Babumoshai Bandookbaaz", which has been in the news for the 48 cuts suggested by the censor board, projects some uncomfortable truths about society, tells its writer Ghalib Asad Bhopali.

Bhopali said that while writing the movie he never imagined the rural movie will land in any controversy.

The trailer of the film gives a hint of the intimacy and abusive language used in the film.

Questioned if he had kept the consequences at the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) in mind while writing the film, Bhopali told, "No. The film is the reflection of our society where the character Babu played by Nazaw bhai is a contract killer because he lived through poverty all his childhood. Our film deals with some uncomfortable truths of the society, it's nothing titillating."

The writer told he researched and met many people in real life to give shape to the story of "Babumoshai Bandookbaaz".

Giving an insight, he told, "There are people whom we call criminal because of their activity... But what they did is probably not by choice. In our film, the character said that he killed a man throwing stones because of two bananas, as the child was hungry for days... And he learnt to use pistols from other inmates in jail. So, you understand what I mean? Unfortunately, when children took up guns and start getting into crime no one warned them about what they are doing, and later they got stuck."

According to him, none of the criminals he has come across so far feels proud of their work rather they regret, but cannot get out of the vicious cycle that they are in.

"We have seen one slice of the crime world in Indian cinema which is quite glamorous. This story ('Babumoshai...') shows another side of that world. If you think it is dirty and uncomfortable, that is what our society is. You know, it reminds me of Sadaat Hasan Manto who once said, 'If you cannot bear these stories then the society is unbearable'.", writer further added.


Film "Babumoshai Bandookbaaz" is scheduled to release on August 25.

Monday, August 7, 2017

No entertainment factor in films like Jai Santoshi Maa, reveals Bidita Bag!


Actress Bidita Bag, who features in "Babumoshai Bandookbaaz" which has been recommended 48 cuts by the censor board tells if everybody makes movies like the devotional drama "Jai Santoshi Maa", there won't be any entertainment factor left.

"Film-making is a very serious business because in each film there are about 80 to 100 people involved and they run their houses through it. So, if we start making films like 'Jai Santoshi Maa', then there will be no entertainment factor left in the film, and how many people will go to watch the film," Bidita told here.

Her movie "Babumoshai Bandookbaaz", in which she features with Nawazuddin Siddiqui, has been given an 'A' certificate by he Central Board of Film Certification and the movie's makers have been asked to make multiple cuts to remove lovemaking scenes and cuss words.

The actress was speaking at a joint press conference hosted by the film's makers and members of the Indian Film and Television Directors Association (IFTDA) on Wednesday. Director Kushan Nandy claimed the CBFC handed him a list of things it wanted removed from his film. Bidita says the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) is behaving like her grandparents.

"My grandparents always used to restrict me in terms of my food, clothing and watching preferences, so I feel censor board is acting in the same manner. Today, in our country, 70 per cent of our population is adult, but still they are told what to watch and what they shouldn't," she said.

"Today, the internet market has grown so big and we have no control over content of internet... If you see films of the 1980s and 1990s, there were many rape scenes in it and they had no issues showing rape scenes, but they have problem with lovemaking scenes. So, I feel censor board shouldn't control films like grandparents. They should just certify the film and shouldn't decide what adults should see and what they shouldn't because we live in democratic country," she said.

Nawazuddin, who plays the title role in "Babumoshai Bandookbaaz", said that the abusive words are justified as they add a local flavour to the character. "Conditions like these will turn us into mechanical actors. A character will always use the language of the region where he belongs. It makes the character authentic. By using such means, we can add depth to a character like adding a local flavour. If we stop making films like these, then we will have no choice but to make the same clean films like the olden days," Nawazuddin said.

He added, "As an actor, I would say as much as a film is local, it will become global. If they are not going to let us make films properly, then the outcome on the international platform will be zero."


The film's director Kushan Nandy and producer Kiran Shroff do not wish to release the film with the cuts and have approached the Film Certification Appellate Tribunal (FCAT) to get their movie approved.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Nawazuddin defends Babumoshai Bandookbaaz director against Chitrangada's allegation!

Earlier, it had been informed that beautiful actress Chitrangda Singh walked out of forthcoming movie Babumoshai Bandookbaaz on the grounds that the film's director Kushan Nandy made her feel uncomfortable with the way he was pressurizing her to do an intimate scene with Nawazuddin Siddiqui.

But, Nawaz finally broke his silence on the subject and told that there was nothing undesirable about the scene that was being shot and that contrary to what Singh has alleged, Nandy was quite soft-spoken and a thorough gentleman, who would never behave in a crass manner. On his part, Nandy is planning to sue Chitrangda for defamation. Chitrangda was supposed to play the role of a bold cobbler in the movie.


Nawaz will be seen playing a serial killer in Raman Raghav 2.0, which releases today.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Chitrangada walks out of Kushan Nandy's film over intimate scenes with Nawazuddin!

Beautiful Chitrangda Singh, who was supposed to star opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui in Babumoshai Bandookbaaz, has walked out of the project following differences with the director Kushal Nandy.

News has it that Chitrangda was not comfortable with the idea of doing intimate scenes with Nawaz and when Nandy allegedly started getting a bit too involved in the scenes and demanded retakes, Chitrangda lost her cool and stormed out of the project. But, on the other hand, Nandy's associates claim that Singh was arguing with the director on every scene and would also report late on the sets, which caused this friction.

Singh was supposed to play the role of a bold cobbler opposite Nawaz, who plays a hitman in the movie.


Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Nawazuddin Siddiqui's film moves out of Bengal after a loss of a whopping one crore!


We had informed last year that Kushan Nandy's project titled Babumoshai Bandookbaaz will feature Nawazuddin Siddiqui. The film's cast and crew began shooting for the movie last year in West Bengal and completed a major part of the movie.


But, we hear that the makers got into some problem with the workers at Burdwan and with the Workers of East India Association over non-payment. Around 40 workers withdrew from the set during this time but soon the issue was resolved. When the team moved to Bolpur, a similar issue cropped up and all these delays resulted in a loss of a whopping one crore for the makers. The director Kushan has now verified that the team will be moving to Uttar Pradesh to shoot but haven't finalized the locations yet.

Dragon Casting Shake-up: Did Sidhant Gupta Replace Tovino Thomas as Jr NTR’s Brother?

Jr NTR’s Brother in Dragon: How Sidhant Gupta Reportedly Stepped Into Tovino Thomas's Shoes! The Indian film industry is abuzz followi...