Saif reveals the reason behind Rangoon's failure!


With a big star cast like Kangana Ranaut, Shahid Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan and backed by an astonishing and artistic filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj, Rangoon was anticipated to be a sure shot hit, but unluckily, it had an underwhelming run at the box-office.

When Saif was questioned what went wrong with the film, Saif specified to a famous tabloid, "It was great reuniting with Vishal, and I think we made a good film but somewhere in the second half, we went wrong. Although I shouldn’t say this because no filmmaker does this deliberately and all decisions are taken for the betterment of the film, a couple of great scenes of mine never made it to the film. That was disheartening but I got some good reviews, so it was not all bad. My mother called and said she liked my role. We tried to make a film that was about the Indian National Army and had Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, etc. It was a bit esoteric, and I heard one guy in the theatre said, “Arre, yeh Chinese kahan se aa gaye?” (laughs). Maybe we made a film that went over people’s heads. It was too clever for the audiences."


A while back when Kangana was questioned by a leading tabloid about Rangoon not doing well, the actress answered, "I, for one, thought the film had all the ingredients to be a profitable business proposition. It [film's failure] was heartbreaking. Before this film, every time people asked me if failure throws me back, I knew the answer was no. Do I go into a low zone? Well, this time around I was affected. Maybe when you are bigger and grow more, both success and failure become more of your responsibility. 'Rangoon' was mounted on a humungous budget and publicised around my character. When something like that doesn't fare well, you do feel like sh*t."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranbir Kapoor resolves his fights with wifey Alia through 'NO EGO' policy!

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt routinely make headlines, giving us major couple goals. The Bollywood pair is one of India's most adored ...